The European Cup or UEFA Champions League, as it is now know, is a cash cow that eclipses every other Cup competition in the world in terms of money. The revamped trophy is set to generate 750 millions Euros (£502 million) gross this season. But is UEFA’s flag ship competition killing off home grown domestic Cups and the UEFA Cup?This season UEFA are going to make in excess of 750m Euros (£502m) from the Champions League, with TV rights sold to 230 markets (with Italy’s RAI and Spain’s Antenna networks signing up for first time) and also from their commercial partners. UEFA have also increased the number of their official commercial partners from four to six as Vodafone and Sony have joined PlayStation, Ford, Heineken and MasterCard.If you look into how UEFA distribute the money from the Champions League, you will find out why the competition is so appealing to the hundreds of clubs vying for qualification for the tournament each season.This season UEFA have promised to distribute up to 530m Euros between the 32 clubs which qualified for the group stages. There is a minimum of 4.4m Euros just for being in the group stage, with a further 600,000… Read full this story
- Are banks open today? Opening times and advice amid coronavirus crisis
- Ryanair and TUI breaking law by not giving refunds within legal timeframe, says Which?
- Ryanair tells passengers they won't get cash refunds until after coronavirus crisis
- Spain, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus and Italy issue holiday rules for British tourists
- How online dating companies make money in India
- Homebase reopens 20 stores – full list of branches
- Agent's Take: Fifth-year option tracker, salaries, guide to 2017 first-round pick decisions for every team
- Car shows were already endangered. Coronavirus might make them extinct
- Trump says government will buy crude oil to help industry
- Neil Diamond to make comeback at 79 including duet with Stevie Wonder
Money Speaks Volumes have 308 words, post on ezinearticles.com at December 16, 2006. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.