Frank McGee has built a distinguished career as a writer and journalist over half a century. In the tumultuous 1960s he covered stories as far afield as Brazil, Indonesia, and Viet Nam. As managing editor of “Pace” magazine, a contemporary of “Life, Look, and Holiday,” he worked with thought leaders from around the world.During the 1970s, McGee launched and edited “New Worlds,” the signature magazine of California’s Orange Coast. The University of California at Irvine tapped him to write the coffee table book commemorating the school’s first twenty-five years. In the ’80s and ’90s, he authored and edited books on a variety of topics that were published in a dozen languages. Today, he lives with his wife in Tucson, Arizona.Tyler: Thank you, Frank, for joining me. You’re here today to tell us about your new book “A Song for the World” which tells the story of how the Colwell Brothers and Herb Allen used music to bring peace and diplomacy to the world, particularly through the group, Up with People. To begin, will you tell our readers a little bit about how it began?Frank: Glad to, Tyler. Up with People started in a way that surprised everyone at the time…. Read full this story
- Golden Rooster vs. Golden Horse: The world of Chinese movies splits
- Gaza's generation blockade: young lives in the ‘world’s largest prison’
- Sean Penn reveals interview with fugitive drug baron El Chapo
- Colombia: is the end in sight to the world’s longest war?
- Teen author who starved herself after being raped as a child dies
- The secret world of Isis training camps – ruled by sacred texts and the sword
- Will be frank with New Delhi to avoid misunderstandings: Gotabaya Rajapaksa
- SXSW 2014 review: Frank – into the head of a pop comedy maverick
- Poverty tsar Frank Field plans own pilot project after coalition 'ignores report'
- Frank Ocean Is Building A Monstrous Sleeper BMW E30
Interview With Frank McGee, Author of "A Song for the World" have 316 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 11, 2007. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.