Birthday parties for kids have turned into something of an environmental nightmare in a lot of ways. All the paper used once and thrown away, plastic toys given not only to the birthday boy or girl, but often to every guest, the competition in many areas for each family to outdo the one before.It gets pretty ugly.The challenge is that it’s not a comfortable thing telling people what they should give for gifts. It pretty much goes against the usual etiquette. Registration for birthday presents isn’t all that common yet, so it can be difficult to get the idea across.One thing I have noticed, however, is that if you make the theme clear on the invitation, at least some of the guests will bring gifts relevant to that theme. Declare a gardening theme and your child is likely to get at least some garden tools and seeds as gifts. Just think about what kinds of gifts would be welcome and try to figure out a theme relevant to it to have a shot at welcome gifts without telling your guests what kinds of things to buy directly.Of course, if you’re comfortable putting on the invitations that you want a particular… Read full this story
- Rob Kardashian shows off VERY impressive weight loss as he makes rare appearance at Khloe's 36th birthday
- From socialite to 'child sex-trafficker': How Ghislaine Maxwell grew up as the 'favorite' daughter of disgraced newspaper baron Robert and went from mixing with royals, politicians and moguls to 'procuring minors' for billionaire pedophile Epstein
- A day in the life of Green Party candidate Golriz Ghahraman
- Read and Watch Our New Ringo Starr Interview on His 80th Birthday
- Cheryl and Liam Payne's relationship timeline: X Factor flirting to 'poo row that split them'
- Golriz Ghahraman on growing up, Guy Williams, and the power of protest
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West’s love story – how his ‘power moves’ & ruthless style advice made them a billion dollar duo
- Why are there no decent women out there? After a divorcee told the Mail of her dating disasters, one handsome, solvent, 36-year-old says it's far worse for men (... one woman turned up covered in vomit and another asked him to pay her child's school fees)
- Behind the scenes of The Salvation Army: from asking for help, to volunteering in return
- Family of felons: Jeremy Meeks's murdering rapist father poses on porch after 33 years in jail for barbaric five-hour attack of young mother as we reveal crimes of Chloe Green's OTHER future in-laws
How To Green A Child's Birthday Party have 417 words, post on ezinearticles.com at May 22, 2008. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.