There are many options available to you if you are starting an online business. But one thing is for certain, you need a company to host your website. A web host is used to put your web site on the Internet so that it is available to be viewed by Internet users. You do not need to have your own computer to use a web host. You just upload your html pages to the host and they make the site available for Internet traffic 24 hours per day.
Hosting companies offer a variety of service options with different price points. Most companies offer at least one alternative for free service for those who are just starting out. One disadvantage of using a free service is the fact that the host will place ads on your site. Of course, if you intend to put up your own ads, it is not a significant problem.
Another disadvantage of using a free host is the fact that you must use their domain name. The problem here is that if your site becomes popular, and you get your own domain, you will lose much of your traffic when you make that change.
For that reason, I recommend that you change over to your own domain as soon as you begin to make a little money. That way, your traffic loss will be minimal. In addition, you should keep your free site available with links to your paid domain. That way any regular visitors or search traffic to the free site can find you.
Do some research when looking for a web host. Use the tips below to help yopu get started:
1. Begin your research by doing a search. After finding 5 or 10 candidates, look for reviews from other people. Studying reviews from others who use the host are among the best ways to find out if a company is reputable.
2. Contact their support department and ask a simple question. Their response will show you how good their support is when you are using their service and need them.
3. Visit related forums and ask anyone has used them. Forums for web masters are a great place to get straight information on a particular host company.
Web hosting is big business and there are many companies out there who are looking to take your money. Do your research before hand and you won’t be sorry. Want to learn other ways to make money? Get my free ebook and Make Money Every Day!
- Halloween 2.0: How Web Companies Trick and Treat
- The buzz network: Online marketing finds new ways to engage moviegoers
- The Talent Magnet
- Start a Blog that will Rock your World in just 11 Easy Steps!
- The Best Mileage Managers
- How to Make A Blog: The Secret Recipe
- Cenk Uygur Brings Loyal Young Turks Audience To CurrentTV
- New products on display at CineEurope 2017
- New products on display at CineEurope 2015
- Kickin' it: Innovative impresario Kickstarter helps indie filmmakers get funding