Legend has it that during the US Civil War, Union General, John Sedgewick’s last words were…”They (the Confederate soldiers) couldn’t hit an elephant from this dis…”…then he kicked the bucket once and for all.The reason why I mention this nipple-piercingly exciting historic fact is because many consulting firms seem to exhibit the same level of arrogance, but when the competitors start using high-calibre elephant guns, many of these overconfident firms get shot and blown to smithereens before they could say Jemima Puddle-Duck.As the saying goes, success is not something we chase but something we attract by what we become.But becoming that, that is, changing is not exactly a straight process that is just happening. We have to get tough on ourselves to create and maintain the discipline to see the desired changes through and not to give in to short-term temptations.But there is a problem. As we get tough on ourselves, it also means to get tough on others who are close to us both personally and professionally.We have to realize that the world is full of wimps whose disciplines go as far as the tip of their conks, and many of them surround us in various forms.So, when our… Read full this story
- Love All, Trust a Few: Can companies have analysis without analysts in a Mifid II world?
- US and South Korea postpone manoeuvres until after the Winter Olympics
- Seoul says North and South Korea have agreed to hold talks
- COMMENT: Cautious optimism for oil and gas sector in 2018
- 22-storey tower of flats on the way for Sheffield city centre along with boost from shops, restaurants and leisure venues
Are You Ready to Get Tough on Your Consulting Firm? Part 1 have 291 words, post on ezinearticles.com at May 13, 2009. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.