The 25 years that have passed since The Golden Girls was first broadcast on NBC have not affected the series: its quality, its humor, or its popularity. Betty White's ubiquity is only one of the many ways it is infused in popular culture today, and remains as funny and engaging as it was a quarter century ago, something few television shows can claim. All seven seasons of the show had already been released on DVD, but it's so popular they were just released again on Tuesday, in a special anniversary set that comes in a box shaped like Sophia’s purse. How is it that the Susan Harris -created Saturday night NBC sitcom has held up so well? Its endurance is especially interesting because much of The Golden Girls crumbles under any scrutiny. The layout of the house makes no logical sense (the bedrooms and the garage occupy the same space, the all-important kitchen table has just three chairs) and there are the ever-changing details about the women’s pasts (ages, names, places, and stories shift to make jokes work). Each individual episode is also thinly plotted. By the end of each half hour, conflict has been quickly resolved, often by some… Read full this story
- Lisa Kudrow takes her dad out to lunch as Friends celebrates 25th anniversary
- Steph and Ayesha Curry take to Instagram to celebrate eighth wedding anniversary with sweet posts
- How old is Lena Dunham and what is the Girls star’s net worth?
- Beach Boys Kick Off 50th Anniversary Tour in Tucson
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli celebrate 2nd anniversary with wedding pics, messages of love. See their best pics so far
- Balraj Sahni birth anniversary: A gentleman actor millennials might not even have heard of
- Guess who's left out of the Golden Globes?
- A real family affair! Tiffany Trump's billionaire boyfriend Michael Boulos brings his PARENTS to a White House Christmas party hosted by the president
- Saoirse Ronan beams alongside her Little Women co-stars after she was nominated for a Golden Globe for her work on the film which was mostly overlooked
- Ready to mingle? Newly single Nadia Bartel dons a flirty white ensemble as she parties on the Monday Swimwear yacht on Sydney Harbour
Golden Girls 25th Anniversary: Betty White and More have 367 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at November 12, 2010. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.