[This week, our partnership with game criticism site Critical Distance brings us a roundup of links from throughout 2010 compiled by Eric Swain, with topics including reflections on games criticism and close looks at the medium’s most memorable titles, and more.]2010 has been one hell of a productive year for game criticism and writing. In our first full year of the This Week In Video Game Criticism feature, Ian and Eric decided to look through them all and cull from the 995 links the greatest written, most memorable and best representative writings over the last year. So here we present them to you in the first ever This Year In Video Game Blogging. Print Before we get on to the Internet entries, I think we should point out the print entries from this year. Tom Bissell’s book, Extra Lives, from earlier this year is the longest and probably best written piece of game criticism and definitely worth the read. Also, the newly minted magazine Kill Screen has recently released its third issue. Buy it. It’s a bunch of great writers writing great stuff in a well-produced magazine. Plus, our Editor Ben made it into the latest issue. Critical Video Game… Read full this story
- Box Office: 'X-Men: Apocalypse' No. 1 with $80M; 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' bombs
- A look at the evolution of Super Mario Bros. over three decades
- How ten years of Roger Goodell as NFL commissioner has transformed league and shaped his legacy
- The Director Of The Year’s Most-Hyped Movie Isn’t Playing Hollywood’s Game
- In the 2010s, Pokemon decided to go, go, go and we stopped fidgeting
- Which Hughes will the Bills see this year: Jerry — or Gary?
- Central Catholic looks to regain top spot in TRAC
- Cubs' Joe Maddon messes with Aroldis Chapman’s routine and the Giants made him pay
- ‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter’ a last gasp for Milla Jovovich horror franchise: movie review
- Giants' test against Steelers pits top wide receivers — Odell Beckham Jr, Antonio Brown — against one another
The Year In Video Game Criticism: A Look Back At 2010 have 332 words, post on www.gamasutra.com at January 6, 2011. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.