(VOV) -An evening concert featuring Indian traditional music mixed with Jazz and Blues performed by the Shwaas rock band was held by the Indian Embassy in Hanoi yesterday/ on Monday. Ambassador Ranjit Rae said the event is part of a series of cultural exchange activities to mark the 40th anniversary of Vietnam-India diplomatic ties, five years of their strategic partnership and 20 years of ASEAN-India dialogue. Shwaas has rapidly become the most favored band in India playing with a winning combination of different styles and lyrics from various cultures worldwide. Shwaas has taken part in many major international concerts and events such as the African tour held by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), the Swedish tour and some music festivals in New Delhi. Before arriving in Hanoi, the band has entertained fans at the Danang University of Technology on January 1. It is scheduled to meet with students from the University of Transport in Hanoi on January 8.
- Study: Vietnam, India Gaming Population To Hit 25 Million By 2014
- PM receives new German Ambassador to Vietnam
- Sector enhances ties with foreign partners to boost green growth
- Vietnam expects to export 1.7 mln tonnes of coffee this year
- Vietnam wins “World’s Best Golf Destination” for first time
- Vietnam, Japan supreme courts boost cooperation
- 'But what about the railways ...?' The myth of Britain's gifts to India
- Forgotten heroes – the true story of India
- India's Olympic Hockey Qualifiers: All you need to know
- Flags and parades in India and Pakistan for 70th anniversary celebrations
Concert promotes Vietnam-India ties have 253 words, post on at January 8, 2013. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.