LISBON, Portugal —Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo will miss Friday’s friendly against Mexico as he tries to recover from leg injuries in time for the team’s World Cup opener against Germany on June 16.The Portuguese football federation says on its website that the Real Madrid star and injured Portugal teammates Pepe and Raul Meireles are all ”unfit” and would miss the warm-up against Mexico at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts.Ronaldo is recovering from tendinitis and a muscle injury, both in his left leg.Portugal will play Ireland in a friendly next Tuesday at New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium before heading to the tournament in Brazil.At the World Cup, Portugal also plays the United States and Ghana in Group G.
- Russia Trolls CIA Over World Cup: 'Congratulations Accepted'—Now Add Crimea to Our Map
- Ex-Stanford forward Nneka Ogwumike thrilled to face Nigeria in World Cup
- Cristiano Ronaldo May Be A Nice Guy. He May Also Be A Rapist.
- Cristiano Ronaldo Sponsors Respond to Rape Allegation: Will Nike, Optimum Drop Soccer Star?
- Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Allegations: Las Vegas Police Reopens Case After Lawsuit Against Soccer Star
- Cristiano Ronaldo Attorneys Say Rape Accusation Documents Were Altered
- Cristiano Ronaldo Denies Rape Allegation, Claims to Be 'an Example' and Says That 'Truth Comes First'
- Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Allegations Have Already Cost His Club $100m
- Cristiano Ronaldo Responds to Rape Allegation, Claims People 'Seeking to Promote Themselves at my Expense'
- Cristiano Ronaldo accuser had suicidal thoughts after alleged rape, lawyer says
Cristiano Ronaldo out of Mexico friendly, battles for World Cup fitness have 253 words, post on www.foxsports.com at June 5, 2014. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.