To be named the “sexiest man alive” at the age of 59 is quite an achievement. When “People Magazine” proclaimed Sean Connery a sex symbol in 1989, his career was already tapering down. As James Bond, the Scotsman had become a living legend – but by playing more formidable roles as well, he’d also gained the respect of serious film critics and won an Oscar, while presenting himself in public as an engaged citizen. The perfect (sometimes nude) gentleman Only few male actors can maintain their heartthrob status at 60 – but Connery has always looked good for his age and certainly deserves the attention. As the years pass, his charisma seems to grow: with his silver hair, healthy tan, and muscular stature, he’s well equipped to charm the ladies. Sean Connery’s stardom, however, did not fall into his lap. That was not to be expected right from the start. Born into humble means in Edinburgh on August 25,1930 he made ends meet with odd jobs after leaving school at an early age. Back then, he was athletic and got involved in bodybuilding. Connery even won a Scottish bodybuilding championship and got a job as a nude model at an… Read full this story
- Son of Bond legend Sir Sean Connery tees up film showcase in Ayrshire golf club
- Tania Mallet dead – British James Bond actress who starred in Goldfinger dies aged 77
- James Bond 25 chaos as Daniel Craig is given creative control amid fears he wants spy to be PC
- James Bond bosses want Scottish actor 36 years after Sean Connery left role
- James Bond scenes for new movie to be filmed in Scotland
- Who was Tania Mallet and how did she die? James Bond actress who starred in Goldfinger’s cause of death
- The man with the Midas touch: vintage James Bond poster smashes auction estimate
- James Bond has a new car — but what are his best?
- James Bond: From racial stereotypes to a ‘Queer’ and a ‘Woke’ 007 – David Sorfa
- Why James Bond's next movie might have a surprising Cov link
The first James Bond: Sean Connery celebrates his 85th birthday have 331 words, post on www.dw.com at August 25, 2015. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.