Over half of internet users in Vietnam may have been attacked during the third quarter. Vietnamese internet users are the 10th most at risk of cyber attacks globally, according to a recent report by the Kaspersky Lab, a Moscow-based international cyber security company and anti-virus provider. In its Information Technology Threat Evolution report for Q3, 2016, Kaspersky Lab showed statistical records on the forms of cyber threats that the company has detected worldwide from data provided by its users, including malware, spamming, phishing, ransomware and mobile threats. The company said it had recorded over 5 million internet-borne malware incidents in Vietnam from July to September. Its report said 23.7 percent of users in the country were attacked by web-borne threats during the three-month period. Regarding viruses, the report showed that 52.07 percent of internet users in Vietnam may have been attacked by malicious programs during the third quarter, placing the country second most vulnerable worldwide. Kaspersky said it gathered the data by detecting the number of malicious programs on users’ computers and removeable devices, such as flash drives, cameras, memory cards and external hard drives. For Mac users, Kaspersky said that the latest operating system is no longer safe against… Read full this story
- Breastfed babies may face more than DOUBLE the risk of developing food allergies 'because of their delayed introduction to potential triggers'
- Report: LA-area stadium near airport would pose terror risk
- Report: LA-area NFL stadium near airport would pose terror risk
- Vanuatu says it may sue fossil fuel companies and other countries over climate change
- Dying for Christianity: millions at risk amid rise in persecution across the globe
- Vietnam pulls out of hosting Asian Games
- The Latest: Russian ministry ‘not surprised’ by WADA report
- Triathletes shrug off water warnings, swim in Rio
- Report: Water at Rio Olympics venues rife with feces, sewage virus
- Olympic athletes warned against wearing Team USA gear in Sochi
Vietnam among 10 countries most exposed to hacking risk, report warns have 304 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 28, 2016. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.