There are a thousand potential reasons your Mac is having problems. Maybe an application is hogging resources. Maybe your hard drive is failing. Or maybe you've got malware. EtreCheck is a free program that runs over 50 diagnostics on your Mac, then gives you a tidy report outlining all of them—so you know where to start looking. This is not one of those scam tools that promises to "clean up your Mac." It's a true diagnostic: It gives you a report on what might be wrong, and leaves the actual fixes up to you. For power users, the benefit here is immediately obvious, but even for beginners this is useful. Send this report to your IT person and they'll have a good idea of what's going on, and what the solutions might look like. To get started, head to EtreCheck.com and download the program. It comes in a ZIP file, which you can unarchive on your Mac simply by opening it. Drag the icon to your Applications folder. When you run the application, you'll be asked what's currently wrong with your computer. Fill this in, if you like. The information won't be sent anywhere, but will be included in the… Read full this story
- How the vastly improbable has determined what animals got where
- Apple Silicon: Meet the new Mac, PC of the future
- The best Mac games (July 2020)
- When Apple moves Mac to Arm, is it time for Mac users to move to Windows?
- Deja Vu: A Brief History of Every Mac CPU Architecture
- The Mac mini will be the first Arm Mac (and there's a chance you can get it this week)
- With Silicon Macs, Apple leaves the PC industry behind
- Scott Guy's murder 10 years on - did cops get the wrong man?
- Young driver caught in 'scary hit-and-run' tried to chase down the culprit who slammed into her car and sped off - as an expert lists the four critical things to do if that happens to you
- Tammy Duckworth, now in VP spotlight, won't say if Biden should select a Black running mate
EtreCheck Runs 50 Diagnostics at Once to Determine What’s Wrong with Your Mac have 359 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at December 27, 2016. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.