Feature AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content. Apple’s HomePod aims to further expand Siri assistance outside of iOS devices, Apple Watch, Macs, the Apple TV Remote and AirPods into the same sort of “always ready” home experience delivered by Amazon’s Echo, even as it upgrades audio reproduction quality in the emerging “smart speaker” segment into the realm of affordable luxury. I was able to listen to a prototype of Apple’s new HomePod audio device, both playing on its own and in concert with a second HomePod unit. For its compact size (it’s barely larger than a stack of CD-R discs, if you recall what those were), the new device unveiled today at WWDC17 as Tim Cook’s “one more thing” sounds impressively wide and powerfully deep. An out-of-the-box Sonos (which is a wider, more conventionally shaped speaker box) and Amazon’s Echo (a taller, skinnier cylinder) both reproduced the same songs with less passion. They are both also cheaper devices than the $349 HomePod, but compared to a smartphone or tablet, the price difference here is far less than… Read full this story
- Apple launching new iPhones, watches
- Jennifer Aniston done being friendly in The Morning Show on Apple TV Plus
- In The Morning Show on Apple TV Plus, Jennifer Aniston's done being friendly
- Trump tells Apple to make products in U.S. to avoid China tariffs
- What Apple's iPhone fight with the FBI means for car privacy
- Apple: Deal in Place to Bring CarPlay to 40 Models
- Brabus 800 iBusiness: An 800-hp G-wagen with an Apple TV [2014 Geneva Auto Show]
- How smart speakers stole the show from smartphones
- Sonos One review: the best smart speaker for audiophiles
- Amazon Echo, Google Home or Sonos One: which smart speaker should I buy?
First Listen: HomePod is Apple's AirPods, enhanced for your house have 307 words, post on appleinsider.com at June 6, 2017. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.