What will awards season look like in Hollywood now that many powerful men are facing allegations of sexual assault, abuse, and misconduct stretching back decades? Fittingly enough, a funeral. According to Us Weekly, many women attending the Golden Globes in January will be clad in black “as a sign of protest against sexual harassment and assault in the entertainment industry.” The idea to do so originated with a small group of women, but word spread and now 30 women are planning on participating in this sartorial protest. “This movement is spreading rampantly and pretty much all the nominated women and others attending are participating,” a source told Us Weekly. Stylists who have already dealt with their clients’s requests and fittings for dresses are reportedly scrambling to find black dresses. I’m envisioning people screaming into iPhones and Brad Goreski weeping at the feet of Rachel Zoe while clutching yards and yards of black organza and jet beading—frantic perparations for a very chic funeral. The arresting visual image of women stalking the red carpet in couture widow’s weeds will certainly be impactful, along the lines of the House Democratic Women’s Working Group’s decision to wear suffragette white to President Donald Trump’s speech… Read full this story
- Here Are The Women Who Harvey Weinstein Has Allegedly Sexually Harassed Or Assaulted
- Rose Marie on Telling Off Sexual Harassers in the 1950s and Tweeting Via Her Secretary
- Ben Affleck and girlfriend Ana de Armas join Black Lives Matter protest in Venice: 'Now is the time for me to listen, learn, and take action'
- Janelle Monae says she's 'not settling for lip service' in the Black Lives Matter movement during intense actress roundtable with Zendaya and Jennifer Aniston
- George Floyd latest: Washington DC protesters arrive for 'largest' rally
- Laverne Cox dons vintage Thierry Mugler blazer for Netflix's Hollywood Tastemaker Party
- 'There's no part of me that can be labelled': Orange Is The New Black star Taylor Schilling confirms she's dating visual artist Emily Ritz as she shares romantic photo over Pride weekend
- Jamie Lee Curtis wears gloves while stopping for supplies at grocery story... after sharing funny Halloween social distancing meme
- ‘Black Lives Matter’ Audit of Statues and Street Names, Announces UK Region
- Drunk In Diamonds: Beyoncé wears $6.8m of custom jewellery to the Grammy Awards as she pays tribute to the Black Panther party in sexy double thigh-split velvet gown
Women At the Golden Globes Will Be Wearing Black to Protest Sexual Harassment in Hollywood have 393 words, post on jezebel.com at December 14, 2017. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.