A HOST of Brit tourist hotspots across the world are at “high risk” of terror attacks following a surge of atrocities over the past year.This map reveals the popular winter sun destinations from Australia and Thailand to the Maldives and Philippines that are deemed prime targets for terrorists.Using the latest advice from the UK Foreign Office (FO), it shows the countries where terrorists are “very likely” or “likely” to carry out attacks.The US, France and Russia are just some of the holiday hotspots on the highest alert possible following a surge in terrorist activity.Visitors to France have been warned to be “especially vigilant” at Christmas markets and other major public events because of the grave threat from ISIS.Australia, home to millions of Brit expats and a favourite winter holiday destination, has also raised its terror threat level to “probable”. “Attacks could be indiscriminate, including in places visited by foreigners,” the FO advice reads.The travel alerts are constantly updated following massacres in London, Manchester and Barcelona, and a deadly truck attack on Berlin’s Christmas market last year.Bars, restaurants, shopping centres, hotels and poorly protected tourists sites are increasingly being targeted by terrorists, according to the FO.On its website, the FO states:… Read full this story
- London Mayor Sadiq Khan had the perfect response for Donald Trump Jr's rant about the Westminster terror attack
- SAS snipers guard runners at London Marathon with orders to 'shoot to kill' amid fears of possible terror attack
- Boy dies and dad fighting for life after food poisoning at Brit holiday hotspot
- Terror Attack Plotting Jihadi Only Given House Arrest in Italy
- Can Compensation for Partner's Death in Terror Attack be Taxed? Gujarat HC Looks for Answers
- Travel safety warning: Two knife attacks in one day - how safe is it to travel in Europe?
- Verdict in Paris terror trial: A further step in the healing process
- French vegan handed suspended sentence for pro-terror Facebook post
- France to honor 'hero' policeman who died in terrorist attack
- Woman whose boyfriend was killed in Bataclan attack 'has no hate' for terrorists
These Brit tourist hotspots are at ‘high risk’ of terror attacks have 343 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 1, 2018. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.