Delivery services, especially express delivery, are working hard in HCM City to meet the surge in demand for delivering goods in the run-up to Tet (Lunar New Year). A post office staffer checks codes on packages. The volume of goods handled by post offices and private delivery companies has been increasing enormously.North-South Delivery Company said the volume of goods it is delivering is up 30-40 per cent from normal days, and so it has expanded its payroll and employees are working overtime.Tran Thi Thu Trang, owner of a clothing shop in District 3, said orders have doubled or tripled compared to normal days and she uses private delivery companies.Nguyen Huu Thinh, deputy director of Vietnam Post’s HCM City office, told the Tuổi trẻ (Youth) newspaper that delivery volumes are double compared to normal days.Post offices have hired more workers and vehicles to meet the demand, he said.Bùi Quang Minh, owner of a garment factory in Tân Bình District, said, “I received a complaint from a customer that a parcel arrived a week late because of delayed delivery by a private company.”So now he only uses the post office or buses to reduce delays and ensure parcels are undamaged, he said. In… Read full this story
- Covid-19 keeps logistics firms busy, but undelivered orders pile up
- America’s Most Loved Brand? The Post Office—No Matter What President Trump Says
- Post Office signs first ever click-and-collect deal with external courier firm
- ‘It’s fake’: Warning as new ‘insidious’ Post Office scam circulating - victim lost £80,000
- Bank holiday opening hours: Is the Post Office open today?
- Security guards called in for reinforcement at Byron Bay post office
- Food delivery firm Zomato posts bigger loss in first results since IPO - Times of India
- Post Office scraps 360-year tradition and teams up with DPD to offer click-and-collect services to shoppers
- Post offices help farmers sell produce
- Agency Barnaby Joyce shifted to his electorate forced to keep Canberra office
Tet keeps post office, delivery firms busy have 329 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 12, 2018. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.