The Cyber Cold War is upon us.While Great Powers would once clash via proxies on real-world battlefields, today, the fight has shifted to the digital arena.This has changed the nature of the game in a few important ways. First, it has opened the door for exponentially more players. Might used to be measured in military hardware. Today it’s measured in cyber prowess. This means that weak nations, even economically and technologically backward ones, are now able to become formidable adversaries.Take the cyber threat posed by North Korea. Over the past several years, Pyongyang has slowly developed its cyber army, funding shadow hacker groups such as the Lazarus, a group that has been implicated in several high profile hacks from the past decade. North Korea’s cyber capabilities made headlines after both the American and British intelligence communities confirmed that the country was behind the WannaCry epidemic of last May. WannaCry began as a single infection of ransomware, most likely in a port located somewhere in Asia, and quickly spread to affect tens of thousands of systems around the globe, including those of the British National Health Service (NHS). The lack of access to vital data meant that many hospitals were rendered… Read full this story
- Army shapes long-term war vision with new infantry vehicle
- A New World Order and the Challenges
- Thursday's Best Deals: DEWALT Gold Box, Sugru, Sony Noise-Canceling Headphones, and More
- Under Floor Heating is Easy to Find Online, Just Be Sure to Do Your Research Before You Buy Anything
- Putin’s 'saber-rattling' speech sparks concerns for new nuclear arms race
- New missile-armed Stryker unveiled by General Dynamics
- Cyber criminals continue to present a threat to continuity of operations for healthcare providers : Luke McNamara
- Lincoln's Cabinet - Did They Cause the Civil War and If So, How and Why?
- Brexit deal today... or MORE delay until 2020: Boris Johnson fights to win over the DUP and Tory 'Spartans' to seal a deal - but Arlene Foster warns she doesn't 'trust' the PM and ex-minister brands package ‘unacceptable’
- US Cyber Command powers up attacks against Russia's electrical grid
As “cyber cold war” heats up, U.S. seeks new ways to deal with threats have 345 words, post on www.itproportal.com at April 10, 2018. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.