Now listen to Fossbytes stories! A recent study of Android apps conducted by researchers from the International Computer Science Institute shows that thousands of Android apps may be tracking the online activity of children as well as their personal information which is a violation of US privacy laws. The researchers conducted an “automatic evaluation of the privacy behaviors” of 5,855 Android apps which showed that 28% of them had access to sensitive data protected by Android permissions whereas 73% of the apps transmit sensitive data over the internet.The most troubling findings were that nearly 256 apps collected geolocation data without parental permission, 107 shared user’s email address and 10 of them shared phone numbers. About 40% of the apps were found sharing personal information without implementing reasonable security measures and 18.8% were guilty of sharing persistent identifiers with third parties for prohibited purposes. Almost 2,281 apps (39% of those surveyed) seemed to violate Google’s term of service. Out of 1,280 apps in the study, 92% of them with Facebook APIs were not using the correct configuration options of the company to protect users the age of 13. It is noteworthy that the researchers used an automated tool to analyze the apps which means it is not a “definitive… Read full this story
- Alarma por malware en millones de descargas en Google Play Store
- Points mean prizes as Google Play Store rewards program comes to U.S.
- Google Play Store malware hits 42 apps with 8 million downloads
- How to Install the Google Play Store on the Amazon Fire Tablet or Fire HD 8
- The Google Play Store is finally getting a dark mode makeover
- ¿Te gusta la realidad aumentada? ¡Hay más de 60 nuevas apps en Google Play Store!
- Vietnamese student uploads malware-containing apps to Google Play Store
- Cómo instalar una app de Android fuera de la Play Store
- Google Play’s Change the Game is here to empower women in mobile gaming
- The best Android apps (October 2019)
Over 3,300 Android Apps on Google Play Store Are Improperly Tracking Kids have 323 words, post on fossbytes.com at April 16, 2018. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.