Theresa May regards an alleged verbal attack on a senior minister by the speaker as “unacceptable”, Downing Street has said. John Bercow is reported to have called Commons Leader Andrea Leadsom a “stupid woman” after launching a tirade against the government in the Commons on Wednesday.A Number 10 spokeswoman said Downing Street was aware of the alleged remarks, adding: “Clearly the Prime Minister thinks they are unacceptable. If an official complaint is made it should be properly investigated.”Sources close to Ms Leadsom have told Sky News she will not be making a formal complaint as she is “entirely focused on getting the bullying and harassment processes up and running”.They added: “She is not taking this likely but recognises that, on balance, the best way for her to make a difference is to press on with her work to establish an independent complaints procedure.”While not wanting to detract from what she considers to be an example of bullying “she is coping with it and is not going to let this get to her”, the sources said.Mr Bercow is said to have made the remarks – which he has not denied – after Prime Minister’s Questions as Transport Secretary Chris Grayling was… Read full this story
- Number 10 advisor Andrew Sabisky QUITS after row over calling for enforced contraception for 'the underclass' and branding black Americans 'mentally inferior'
- Number 10 adviser Andrew Sabisky quits after controversial comments revealed
- Number 10 bashes Michel Barnier over trade deal U-turn as the EU negotiator who said the UK could copy Canada's agreement now claims that we CAN'T
- Number 10 adviser Andrew Sabisky: 'Very real racial differences in intelligence'
- 'Number 10 lads': Government adviser Andrew Sabisky, 27, who claimed black people are inferior and played down FGM poses proudly in Downing Street as Boris Johnson refuses to condemn him
- Andrew Sabisky: Resigned Number 10 adviser's remarks 'racist', says government minister
- Number 10 Adviser Andrew Sabisky Quits Amid Leaks to Past Eugenics Comments
- Cabinet Office looking for HR chief amid Number 10 tensions
- Pulwama attack: Rahul Gandhi known sympathiser of LeT, JeM; his remarks are 'insult to martyrs', says BJP
- CNN’s Don Lemon Sued For Alleged Sexual Assault At Bar, Report Says
Bercow's alleged remark about Leadsom 'unacceptable', Number 10 says have 363 words, post on news.sky.com at May 18, 2018. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.