The 24.82-km-long Janakpuri West-Kalkaji Mandir stretch of the Delhi Metro’s Magenta Line is all set to be open for public tomorrow. It will bring domestic terminal of the Delhi airport on the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) network and cut travel time between Noida and Gurugram by at least 30 minutes.
Sneak peek of Terminal-1 IGI metro station, which will open on May 29. This metro station will connect Terminal-1 of Indira Gandhi International airport to all of the NCR through the Magenta Line.
Once the stretch is opened, it will take the total length of the DMRC network to 277 km, officials said.
At 29 metres, the five-level new Hauz Khas station is the deepest metro station in the entire network and an engineering landmark as its tunnel goes beneath that of the old station’s.
Hauz Khas interchanging metro station of the Janakpuri West-Kalkaji Mandir section will be the longest stretch opened so far in Delhi’s Metro Phase-3.
“The escalators installed at Janakpuri West have the highest elevation in India,” a DMRC spokesperson said. While the total horizontal length of the escalators is 35.3 metres, their height is 15.6 metres.
Janakpuri metro station will be the longest stretch opened so far in Delhi’s Metro Phase-3. Pic: Anindya Chattopadhyay
The total weight of each escalator is about 26 tonnes. “The height of these escalators is equal to the height of a five-storey building,” the spokesperson added.
India’s tallest escalator installed at Janakpuri metro station. Pic: Anindya Chattopadhyay
Nehru Enclave metro station of the Janakpuri West-Kalkaji Mandir section will be the longest stretch opened so far in Delhi’s Metro Phase-3. Pic- Anindya Chattopadhyay
DISCLAIMER : Views expressed above are the author’s own.
- Get ready to meet Kudu, a new, open-source storage engine from Cloudera
- Social engineering attacks costly for business
- NBA Draft 2019: 3 teams with the most on the line
- Argentina 16-20 New Zealand: All Blacks edge Pumas
- PKL 2019, Match 66: Dabang Delhi K.C. vs Patna Pirates
- Windows 8 Nears the Finish Line: What's Good, What's Bad
- Delhi Dynamos move to Bhubaneswar, becomes Odisha FC
- Building collapses in Delhi's Sadar Bazar, damages vehicles
- Oregon Scientific Pro Weather Station WMR89A review: A solid option for casual observers
- Microsoft's Gamble: Metro UI as the New Face of Windows