Meeting with President of Nauru Baron Waqa, the Vietnamese government leader congratulated Nauru on assuming the GEF Presidency from Micronesia as well as the position as President of the group of Pacific island countries as of September 2018. He suggested Nauru intensify delegation exchanges in potential fields such as aquaculture, fisheries, agriculture, tourism, and mining, saying that Vietnam welcomes delegations from Nauru visiting Vietnam to share experience in rice cultivation, developing industrial trees, aquatic farming, and telecommunications. The PM thanked Nauru for supporting Vietnam’s bid to run for a non-permanent seat at the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) for the 2020-2021 tenure. Emphasizing the East Sea issue as the common interest of all regional countries, PM Phuc stated that the international community, including ASEAN and Vietnam, showed stance on settling disputes through peaceful measures in line with international law, including the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea 1982 (UNCLOS) as well as the maintenance of peace, stability and maritime and aviation security and safety in the East Sea. He asked Nauru to raise its voice to back ASEAN and Vietnam’s effort and stance in the field. He underscored the increasing role of Asia-Pacific in dealing with global… Read full this story
- South Korean national security adviser visits U.S. to meet counterpart, officials say
- PM: Vietnam creates more opportunities for European investors
- Who’s to blame for the hiccup in North Korea talks? South Koreans say Bolton.
- Richard Overton, nation's oldest living veteran, turns 112
- South Korean leader looks for ways to help North economically without violating sanctions
- Pacific isle nations call out North Korea for first time, demanding concrete denuclearization steps
- US-North Korea summit: A timeline of the tumultuous relations between the two nations
- Korean leaders hold surprise meeting after Trump threatens to quit Kim summit
- North Korea’s Kim committed to talks and denuclearisation, says South Korean counterpart
- North Korea has 'brilliant potential' says Donald Trump as US officials arrive at border to prepare for Kim Jong-un meeting
PM Phuc meets leaders of South Pacific nations on GEF-6 sidelines have 324 words, post on english.vov.vn at June 27, 2018. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.