By Bill Plunkett | [email protected] | Orange County RegisterPUBLISHED: August 3, 2018 at 7:50 pm | UPDATED: August 3, 2018 at 7:51 pm LOS ANGELES — In his last game with the Toronto Blue Jays, John Axford made the first start of his 10-year big-league career. So as the 35-year-old comes to the Dodgers, he can really say he’s done it all. “This is my eighth team now,” said Axford who was officially added to the Dodgers’ roster Friday. “I’ve closed. I’ve set up. I’ve mopped up. I’ve started now. So I’m ready and prepared for anything.” Axford joked that he is “pretty much a blank slate” when it comes to the Dodgers’ matchup-based use of relievers to get from the starting pitcher to closer Kenley Jansen. “Whatever I can do, in all honesty,” Axford said of his anticipated role in the bullpen. “This year I’ve actually thrown the most innings I’ve thrown. I threw three innings in that start. I’ve thrown two multiple times, 2-1/3 earlier this year. Whatever I can do to help bridge that gap, that’s what I want to do.” The Dodgers’ desire was to add “an experienced reliever” at the non-waiver trade deadline on Tuesday,… Read full this story
- J.T. Chargois returns to Dodgers’ bullpen after Walker Buehler heads to Rancho Cucamonga.
- Dodgers demote Pedro Baez to Triple-A to clear spot for Caleb Ferguson
- Bad bullpen and all, Rockies insist getting swept by Dodgers is not a big deal
- The Dodgers’ next starting pitcher might be a reliever
- Whicker: Ex-Angel Will Smith thriving in San Francisco’s bullpen
- Buehler latest injured Dodgers, but LA beats Braves 7-3
- Erik Goeddel’s scoreless streak is approaching a Dodgers record
- Dodgers’ Clayton Kershaw throws sim game, will pitch ‘somewhere’ this weekend
- Giants’ Ty Blach saves bullpen, Giants in long relief outing
- Dodgers blow past Mets in Kershaw’s return
Veteran reliever John Axford added to Dodgers’ bullpen options have 307 words, post on www.ocregister.com at August 2, 2018. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.