Jaguars coach Doug Marrone spends his weekdays during the season watching game tapes of the Jaguars’ upcoming opponents and even previous ones. But Marrone acknowledged on Wednesday on a conference call to the New England Patriots media that he hasn’t watched a Super Bowl in several decades. ”I just don’t watch it,” Marrone said. ”I don’t know why everyone doesn’t believe that. I watch enough tape during the year. I’m usually so pissed off I can’t handle it. I got a question about if I saw Coach (Tom) Coughlin’s Super Bowls and I’m like, ‘No.” Marrone said the last time he remembers watching a Super Bowl was when he was 12. He turned 54 this past July. ”Probably when I wasn’t a coach,” Marrone said laughing. ”Probably when I was allowed to gamble. Probably when I was 12. When I had a little money on it. You guys write that. I’ll probably get (expletive) investigated.” Last season, the Jaguars were one quarter away from making their first Super Bowl appearance in franchise history before Tom Brady led the Patriots to a 24-20 victory in the AFC Championship Game at Gillette Stadium. This season, the Jaguars are one of the favorites… Read full this story
- Syracuse LB coach Conley in dream job
- 10 thoughts from Super Bowl week
- Moss stories rule Super Bowl week
- No. 2 USC faces Syracuse on NFL stage
- Surging Orange one win shy of being bowl eligible
- No. 11 Louisville ready for erratic Syracuse
- Nassib takes part in Syracuse pro day
- Syracuse wraps up spring; Hunt tops the QBs
- Jets O-line’s task: stopping Bills’ Super Mario
- Which first-year NFL coach is in best situation?
Ex-Syracuse, Jaguars coach Doug Marrone claims he doesn't watch the Super Bowl have 274 words, post on www.syracuse.com at September 13, 2018. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.