NBA superstar LeBron James debuted his latest Nike collaboration Tuesday night, revealing that they were inspired and designed by African American women. The sneakers were unveiled at Harlem’s Fashion Row (HFR) style awards and fashion show, an annual event that celebrates people of color in fashion and empowers minority designers with a platform to showcase their collections during New York Fashion Week. This year, the event was sponsored by Nike and held at the illustrious Capitale in lower Manhattan. (Instagram) “African American Women are the Most Powerful” “I believe that African American women are the most powerful in the world,” said James at the gala while accepting Harlem’s Fashion Row’s “Icon 360 Award” for his style and philanthropy. “Why I believe they are the most powerful women in the world is because I had the example of my mother every single day.” Along with his mother, the Los Angeles Laker also thanked his wife and daughter as a source of inspiration behind his 16th sneaker, titled the HFR x LeBron 16. “Being the son, husband, and father of strong African American women, I felt like this was something I wanted to do for them and for all the strong women… Read full this story
- Are Sneakers a Fashion No-No in Paris?
- Nike Tennis Shoes And How To Buy Them Wholesale
- The Shoes That Everyone Needs In Their Wardrobe, The Basic Black
- Why Black Dress Shoes Are A Must Have For Anyone's Wardrobe
- Discover 2007's New Fashion Style
- So Many Brands
- Kids Wholesale Shoes In China
- Do Clothes Horses Wear Polo Shirts?
- Stop the Killings: A Short Story
- Your Wardrobe: 7 Basic Steps to Success
LeBron James Unveils New Nike Sneaker Designed by 3 Black Women have 267 words, post on www.blackenterprise.com at September 5, 2018. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.