“The government hopes that foreign direct investors will be more open and create more opportunities for Vietnam to participate more deeply in the global value chain,” he told the Vietnam Business Summit (VBS) held on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum on ASEAN Thursday. Though the country does participate in the value chain, “there is still work to do” since most Vietnamese businesses have only been able to do basic assembling, he said. Vietnam would walk alongside foreign investors hoping in return they would repose more faith in the capabilities of its businesses, he said. Vietnam has consistently promoted free trade and globalization since these have yielded great benefits ever since the country initiated economic reforms in the late 1980s, he said. Speaking about the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), he said the National Assembly would consider it for ratification next January. The pact would “support Vietnam’s economy with exports and increase investment from and to Vietnam,” he said. But there are challenges since the government would need to make changes to laws to meet CPTPP conditions, he said. The VBS gathered over 1,000 Vietnamese and foreign business executives, who shared their experiences and assessed opportunities… Read full this story
- UK Gov't Reveals Latest Plans to Beat Slavery in Global Supply Chains
- Shrimp breeders expand production, seek to join global supply chains
- Awareness campaign held on creation of Agro-business value chains
- AFP: May, Rutte accuse Russia's GRU of 'disregard for global values'
- Vietnam to host two Air Logistics Hubs of Southeast Asia stature
- Vietnam a Southeast Asia leader in internet economy growth
- Brexit uncertainty and unsettled politics pose risk as global growth downgraded
- Russian oil firm seeks payments in euros amid US sanction threat
- Apple’s $1 trillion value doesn’t mean it’s the ‘biggest’ company
- 50 rhino horns worth £12m seized at Malaysia airport bound for Vietnam
Vietnam seeks to entrench itself in global value chain have 315 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 13, 2018. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.