Shortly after Ed Duskin retired from a successful — and decorated — military career, a friend asked if he would do him a favor and organize the records of the Southern Agricultural Chemical Association, now the Southern Crop Production Association (SCPA). Duskin agreed, in consideration of an all-expense paid trip to the National Agricultural Chemical Association’s annual meeting, held that year at the famous Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia. That was in 1972. A year later he accepted the position of executive director. He retired two years ago after serving the organization for 42 years. In recognition of the many contributions Duskin and his wife, Ann, made to the organization over those four decades, SCPA honored him at this year’s annual meeting with a Lifetime Achievement Award, one of only a handful of those awards ever bestowed, said outgoing SCPA President Steve Williams during the announcement at this year’s annual conference at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, N.C. Williams and new president Michael Boden commented on Duskin’s remarkable career. “He took on the job of organizing the records as a favor,” Williams said. “And 42 years later he retired. For years, Ed was the face and the motivating force… Read full this story
- Helen Mirren to get Movies for Grownups career honor
- Patch Honors Montgomery County Grads: Congrats, Class Of 2020
- Northwestern Mutual Recognizes Matt Ward with Master Achievement
- Vulture’s 2015 Grammy Predictions
- Everything You Need to Know About the 2016 Grammys
- Coronavirus Australia: Suicide prevention modelling considered
- Stevie Wonder Fast Facts
- How Big of a Deal Would It Be If Alejandro González Iñárritu Won Back-to-Back Oscars?
- A First Draft of History, Told in 117 Days of Trump Jokes
- Bob Dylan Fast Facts
Ed Duskin honored for lifetime achievement have 276 words, post on www.southeastfarmpress.com at November 26, 2018. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.