DCY director-general Somkid Somsri said yesterday that his department will also call on provincial child-protection committees to warn muay thai gyms not to allow children to fight in boxing rings. He warned that officials would file a police complaint against them under the Child Protection Act if they did. As for the death of young fighter Anucha Tasako, all relevant agencies are conducting a fact-finding inquiry that should bring clarity by Friday, Somkid added. He cited a forum held by involved agencies on Monday and said they unanimously agreed that young children’s job was to study, not earn money for themselves or their family. Child boxing, which breaches the Child Protection Act 2003 and the Convention on the Rights of the Child, could affect the kids’ health and development, Somkid said. He added that the Social Development and Human Security and the Tourism and Sport ministries need to discuss whether child boxing should be deemed a sport, a competitive entertainment activity or a form of gambling. If children practise muay thai as a sport, they need to wear protective gear, but if they fight to make a living, then it is against the law, he added. If they were driven… Read full this story
- Donald Trump tweeted video calling for peace after White House counsel Pat Cipollone warned him he faces criminal charges for inciting riot - and now lawyer is considering quitting too
- Group seeks arrests of 2 cops involved in Tamir Rice's death
- Black teen, 14, who was falsely accused of stealing an iPhone by 'SoHo Karen' Miya Ponsetto is 'traumatized and seeking therapy' - as it emerges she had a second DUI arrest FIVE DAYS after being put on probation for her first
- The footage SoHo Karen didn't want you to see: Woman who falsely accused black boy, 14, of stealing her iPhone and then claimed SHE was attacked is filmed tackling HIM to the ground
- Soldier, 23, and 16-year-old boy are charged with murdering Fort Drum Corporal, 20, whose body was found dumped 280 miles away from the base 'after he was kidnapped following an argument with the pair'
- Smiling mosque massacre shooter makes a white supremacist sign with his hand as he is charged with murder after 50 people lost their lives in New Zealand's worst terror attack - and man arrives at court 'armed with knife to stab the accused'
- 'Balloon boy' hoax parents are pardoned by Colorado Governor more than a decade after conviction for falsely claiming their son, 6, was trapped inside runway helium 'flying saucer' - when he was actually in attic
- Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio arrested as DC preps for pro-Trump rallies, Electoral College certification
- Inside eccentric life of Thai king with mistress ‘jailed for months’, an Air Force chief DOG & 20 ‘sex soldiers’
- 'Soho Karen' breaks her silence saying that she's 'good' and 'Puerto Rican' but REFUSES to address her attack on black boy, 14, over her 'stolen' iPhone as she continues to try and lay low at her mom's in California
Govt officials seek to lay criminal charges following boy’s Muay Thai death have 486 words, post on www.nationmultimedia.com at November 20, 2018. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.