Three years after YouTube launched a subscription streaming service aimed at making it a destination for premium programming, the online video giant is shifting its strategy. The Google-owned platform is expected to scale back its scripted output beginning in 2020, a source with direct knowledge of the company’s plans tells The Hollywood Reporter. The move comes as executives plan to double down on YouTube’s ad-supported business by making all future originals free to its 2 billion users, regardless of whether they pay $12 each month for subscription service YouTube Premium. The YouTube Originals team, led by former MTV executive Susanne Daniels, has started informing creative partners about the shift, per multiple sources, one of whom describes the pullback as “a serious budget reduction.” YouTube isn’t signaling a complete end to its scripted business — it is working on second seasons of the Karate Kid reboot Cobra Kai and the Doug Liman-produced Impulse and recently ordered pilots for an adaptation of The Edge of Seventeen and the Ben Stiller-produced big-rig drama Dark Cargo — but the change has raised questions about its willingness to compete for big-budget fare. “Other platforms have had traction with scripted, but they don’t feel like there’s… Read full this story
- Google, YouTube pull over 300 Trump ads
- Comcast Is In Exclusive Talks To Acquire Ad-Supported Streaming Platform Xumo – Report
- Michael Moore says Trump will WIN in 2020 because his support in Midwestern battlegrounds has not dropped 'one inch' and his followers are 'even more rabid'
- Britney Spears Reveals Fitness Plans for 2020 Amid Conservatorship Drama
- Spotify follows in the footsteps of Twitter, says will ban political ads in 2020
- Spotify joins Twitter in the fight against spreading misinformation, as it hits 'pause' on political ads for 2020 and takes a different stance from Facebook
- YouTube Music Now Comes Preinstalled on Android
- Spotify Bans Political Ads Ahead of 2020 Election
- The story of new age NBFCs in 2019 and 2020
- Lib Dems' Layla Moran Comes Out as UK's First Pansexual MP, Triggering Twitter Amid Leadership Race
YouTube to Pull Back on Scripted in 2020 Amid Ad-Supported Push (Exclusive) have 324 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at November 27, 2018. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.