Vietnam’s agricultural sector records progress Over the past years, Vietnam’s agricultural sector has reaped marked achievements, helping ensure national food security. Vietnamese staples such as coffee, rice, rubber, cashew nuts, pepper, fruit, seafood, wood and timber products have gained firm foothold in the global market. Statistics show that the sector’s gross domestic product (GDP) grows about 2.5 percent while its production value expands by 2.73 percent each year. During the 2013-2017 period, the sector’s total export turnover reached 153 billion USD, with 36.2 billion USD earned in 2017. Seven out of the 10 major products saw export turnover exceeding 1 billion USD. To create impressive changes in agricultural production, the Vietnam Farmers’ Union (VFU) has signed a cooperation programme with the Ministry of Science and Technology, under which the two sides join hands in implementing scientific and technological tasks during the 2016-2020 period, according to Thao Xuan Sung, Chairman of the VFU Central Committee. The union’s chapters have carried out technology transfer and scientific application in production, he added. Thanks to emulation campaigns, many household businesses, farms, small- and medium-sized enterprises and cooperatives have been formed, helping hundreds of thousands of households escape from poverty. The project on vocational training… Read full this story
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 17
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 19
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 21
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 26
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS DECEMBER 27
- Friday briefing: Britain faces 'harsh' winter measures
- AG Bill Barr says Russia IS behind massive hack which has hit swathes of federal government and biggest businesses
- That's some gift! Michel Barnier carries weighty 2,000-page binder of the Brexit trade deal as he briefs 27 EU ambassadors on historic agreement in Brussels while pictures show Boris Johnson poring over fine detail before announcement
- UK records 12,872 new Covid cases - just 9% more than last Sunday's adjusted total - and 65 deaths, but top scientist warns UK is facing 'precarious situation'
- Bay Briefing: ‘This is a big day’
BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 12/12 have 314 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at December 11, 2018. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.