BUSINESS 12/14/2018 09:47 am ET The earliest mentions of tainted J&J talc that Reuters found come from 1957 and 1958 reports by a consulting lab. Lisa Girion LOS ANGELES, Dec 14 (Reuters) – Darlene Coker knew she was dying. She just wanted to know why. She knew that her cancer, mesothelioma, arose in the delicate membrane surrounding her lungs and other organs. She knew it was as rare as it was deadly, a signature of exposure to asbestos. And she knew it afflicted mostly men who inhaled asbestos dust in mines and industries such as shipbuilding that used the carcinogen before its risks were understood. Coker, 52 years old, had raised two daughters and was running a massage school in Lumberton, a small town in eastern Texas. How had she been exposed to asbestos? “She wanted answers,” her daughter Cady Evans said. Fighting for every breath and in crippling pain, Coker hired Herschel Hobson, a personal-injury lawyer. He homed in on a suspect: the Johnson’s Baby Powder that Coker had used on her infant children and sprinkled on herself all her life. Hobson knew that talc and asbestos often occurred together in the earth, and that mined talc could be… Read full this story
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - House boots Greene from committees; Senate plows ahead on budget
- Boris Johnson reveals schools won't reopen until at least MARCH 8 as he extends lockdown by another three weeks - but tries to quell mounting Tory anger with pledge of 'road map' out of curbs
- Queen personally honours passing of Captain Sir Tom Moore aged 100: War hero who won nation's hearts by walking around his garden to raise £33million for the NHS has died after Covid battle as Boris Johnson pays tribute to 'beacon of hope'
- EU withdraws plans to introduce vaccine controls on Northern Ireland border to stop jabs entering the UK after 'hostile' move sparked fury - but presses ahead with export ban that could stop 3.5m doses reaching Britain
- Europe goes to war on vaccines: EU unveils export controls that could stop vaccines reaching Britain after forcing AstraZeneca to publish contract in a bid to make the firm hand over its UK jabs
- 'We must use days like this to learn from the past' Survivors in Britain who escaped Nazi Germany light candles and pay poignant tributes to victims as they mark Holocaust Memorial Day
- America's COVID response ranks among WORST in world: US comes 94th place (out of 98) and just above IRAN in shocking new study
- AMID BACKLASH AGAINST HERDSMEN: Horrors of kidnapping, tough ransom negotiation, by survivors
Johnson & Johnson Knew About Asbestos In Baby Powder, Didn't Report To FDA have 423 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at December 14, 2018. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.