Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez struck back at what she called a “far-right propaganda machine” that has maligned her and stoked national division. Her comments came right before Donald Trump Jr. addressed President Donald Trump’s rally in Grand Rapids, Michigan, on Thursday, where Trump Jr. mocked the New York congresswoman, who has fast become the face of the most progressive elements of the Democratic Party. Regarding Ocasio-Cortez’s proposed Green New Deal , Trump Jr. told the crowd, “Think about the fact that every mainstream, leading Democratic contender is taking the advice of a freshman congresswoman who three weeks ago didn’t know the three branches of government…that’s pretty scary.” Trump Jr. was referring to a video in which Ocasio-Cortez explained the structure of the U.S. government incorrectly . According to The Hill , the crowd erupted into chants of “AOC sucks! AOC sucks!” “You guys, you’re not very nice,” Trump Jr. replied. “And neither is what that policy would do to this country.” Tweeting on Thursday, Ocasio-Cortez said , “It’s almost as though there is a directed + concerted far-right propaganda machine with a whole cable news channel, and a dark-money internet operation propped up by the Mercers et al dedicated to maligning… Read full this story
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez called into a Twitch stream of Donkey Kong 64 to help raise money for transgender kids
- Alexandria Ocasio Cortez calls Trump a racist and says her critics are 'missing the forest for the trees'
- Here's the timeline of how Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez went from bartender to congresswoman in less than a year
- Nancy Pelosi Keeps Criticizing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: Here's the House Speaker’s Most Notable Jibes
- Sinclair’s senior political analyst is arguing with a parody Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez account
- Here are the 4 most ridiculous “takedowns” of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Why is the right-wing obsessed with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s clothes?
- How Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a 28-year-old Democratic Socialist, just pulled off “the biggest upset of 2018”
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez got a glowing write-up from Steve Bannon, who praised her 'grit, determination, fighting spirit'
- Amazon opponent Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez spent thousands on the site during campaign
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez calls out "far-right propaganda machine…dedicated to maligning me" have 339 words, post on www.newsweek.com at March 29, 2019. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.