Gokmen Tanis (pictured) is suspected of shooting three people dead on a tram in Utrecht on Monday A man suspected of carrying out a tram shooting that left three people dead and seven injured in Holland is to face terror charges, Dutch prosecutors say. Gokmen Tanis will be charged with offences including multiple murder or manslaughter with a terrorist intent following the shooting in Utrecht. The public prosecutor’s office in the central city said Tanis also faces charges of attempted murder or manslaughter and making threats with a terrorist intent. Prosecutors said that investigations so far into Monday’s shooting indicate that the shooter acted alone. But investigations continue into whether the suspect’s actions ‘flowed from personal problems combined with a radicalised ideology’, the statement added. Tanis, 37, is to appear before an investigating judge on Friday. Such hearings are held behind closed doors. It comes after police revealed they were investigating a terrorist motive for the tram attack, as they arrested a new suspect over the deadly shooting. Authorities said they had found a suspicious letter in a getaway car used by Turkish-born main suspect Tanis, which made them ‘seriously’ consider terrorism might have been involved in Monday’s rampage. Armed counter-terrorism… Read full this story
- Oxon Hill Fatal Shooting Suspects Charged By PG County Police
- Man, 23, is charged with murder after 28-year-old was found stabbed to death in north London in the capital's 138th killing this year
- 3 charged in murder-for-hire allegedly sparked by jealousy
- Strasbourg Christmas market shooting: suspect on the run after three killed
- Chérif Chekatt: who is the Strasbourg shooting suspect?
- Lil Wayne -- Arrest in Tour Bus Shooting ... Suspect Tied to Young Thug
- Murder charges for man suspected of shooting pregnant wife
- Police: Suspect rode bike to scene, shouted ‘I killed him’
- Smirking New Zealand mosque terrorist flashes white power symbol in court as it’s revealed he had a gun licence and used FIVE ‘modified’ weapons
- New Zealand mosque shooting – Christchurch terrorist rants ‘let’s get party started’ in chilling video before killing 40 worshippers
Dutch tram shooting suspect to be charged with 'terrorist' murders have 336 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 21, 2019. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.