Google announced the first beta for Android Q today, and to everyone’s surprise, it is going to be available for all three generations of the Pixel smartphone. Including the Pixel and Pixel XL that were released in 2016. Google promised two years of updates with the Pixel and Pixel XL, which would have ended with Android P last fall. But it appears that Google is overdelivering on the Pixel and Pixel XL. It is true, that just because the beta is available for the Pixel and Pixel XL, that Android Q may not actually launch on those devices later this summer. But it makes little sense for Google to get a beta up and running on a device that it won’t be launching the stable version of that OS on, in a few months. So it’s just as good as confirmed at this point. And it is definitely a good thing for those that bought the Pixel or Pixel XL smartphones. Many other smartphones struggle to get a single major Android upgrade, while the Pixel and Pixel XL will be getting their third upgrade later this year. That’s pretty unprecedented. Unless you get an iPhone. This makes the price of… Read full this story
- Could Google's upcoming Pixel 3 XL get a notch and a front-facing dual camera?
- Android P Developer Preview 3 is rolling out now! (Update: OTA rolling out too)
- Leaked images of the Google Pixel 3 XL surface [Gallery]
- Check out this very realistic Google Pixel 3 XL mock-up design
- Save $100 on a Google Pixel 2 XL plus a free Google Home Mini
- This new look at the Pixel 3 XL’s leaked design is going to make Android fans much happier
- This is probably our first look at the Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL
- Google Pixel 3 XL: New leaked photos reveal a major design overhaul
- New leak shows Google’s Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL from every angle
- Even the smaller Google Pixel 3 looks incredible in these renders
Google Pixel & Pixel XL Are Getting Android Q, Overdelivering On Its 2-Yr Promise have 322 words, post on www.androidheadlines.com at March 13, 2019. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.