FACEBOOK is developing a voice assistant to rival Amazon Alexa, Apple’s Siri and Alphabet Inc’s Google Assistant. The AI assistant could reportedly be used on the tech giant’s Portal video chat smart speakers, the Oculus headsets or other future projects. “We are working to develop voice and AI assistant technologies that may work across our family of AR/VR products including Portal, Oculus and future products,” a Facebook spokesperson said. CNBC reported that the tech company has been developing the new assistant since early 2018. A Washington-based team from Facebook’s augmented reality and virtual reality group has been spearheading the effort. The Facebook assistant faces stiff competition.STIFF COMPETITION Amazon and Google are the leaders in the smart speaker market with 67 per cent and 30 per cent shares in the US in 2018, respectively, according to eMarketer. Amazon’s Echo is expected to capture 63.3 per cent of smart speaker users in 2019, while Google Home will account for 31 per cent. It comes days after reports Amazon is listening to customers through Alexa devices. Employees reportedly recorded thousands of clips including a woman singing in the shower and a sex assault. Full-time workers and contractors at the online retail giant reportedly… Read full this story
- How to use Amazon Alexa on any Windows 10 PC
- Amazon Alexa can now answer basic questions related to COVID-19
- 10 best gadgets for home lockdown: Amazon Alexa, onion chopper & anti-stress tech
- Amazon makes Cambridge heart of Alexa and drone innovation with new offices
- Public speaking making you anxious? Talking to Alexa might help ease the jitters
- Best headphones for working at home in 2020
- Bored of Spotify? Sign up for a free three-month Apple Music trial
- Zoom, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger Rooms, Google Duo: which video-calling app do I use?
- How to move your Facebook photos and videos to Google Photos
- Apple still hasn't fixed Siri's biggest problem
Facebook is working on a voice assistant to rival Amazon Alexa and Apple’s Siri have 303 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 17, 2019. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.