Editorial AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content. Apple Arcade and related Services are intended to fuel sales of new hardware by attracting new customers and prompting upgrades. But is it realistic to expect that Apple can drive sales growth for iPhone as overall smartphone growth stalls or even contracts globally? Pundits like to say that iPhone “is over” and that Apple has to run out and discover a new hit product. But they’re wrong, here’s why. “Our goal now is to pick up the pace” Apple stopped reporting its hardware unit sales six months ago, which critics assumed meant that it wanted to hide bad news , and specifically wanted to obscure the idea that iPhone growth was over and done. However, Apple is still reporting its revenues by segment, so it’s impossible to really hide “bad news.” In the March quarter, iPhone sales were transparently reported as being down 17% over the year-ago quarter. Compare that to Samsung, which not only didn’t detail how many phones it sold, but also didn’t offer any insight into the… Read full this story
- Chipmakers are weathering slowing smartphone sales: Report
- How chipmakers are weathering slowing smartphone sales
- Record services revenue lets Apple plot future beyond iPhone growth
- iPhone X is the best-selling smartphone in 2018 so far
- Apple speeds up battery replacement of slowed-down iPhones after user outrage
- Sharp’s lens unit CEO sees path to defying smartphone slowdown
- How is it possible that Apple hasn’t copied this feature yet from Android?
- Dow Jones Giants Apple, Goldman Sachs Team Up On Credit Card: Report
- BT Bet on Apple's Most Expensive iPhone Has Yet to Pay Off
- Apple's Powerful Breakout Leads Top Moves By 5 Hot Stocks Now In Buy Range
Editorial: The new Services - Can Apple Arcade fuel iPhone growth in a slowing smartphone market? have 305 words, post on appleinsider.com at May 6, 2019. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.