Sometimes, you just gotta let ‘em know who they’re dealing with. In the case of tennis legend Serena Williams, she let her clothing do the talking for her, as she made her return to the French Open wearing a black-and-white striped Off-White x Nike trapeze warmup jacket with an allover print of the French words for “Champion,” “Queen,” “Goddess” and “Mother.” Advertisement Message received, Madame… Memorably, Williams’ 2018 French Open appearance became a point of contention, due to another attention-getting outfit. Following the life-threatening delivery of daughter Alexis Olympia and largely inspired by the sleek superhero looks in Black Panther, Williams chose to wear a Nike-designed compression catsuit to stave off blood clots as she attempted yet another Grand Slam last year. However, the French Tennis Federation wasn’t having it; FTF P Advertisement Clearly, Serena will give respect where respect is given—and she, the First of Her Name, The Unparalleled, Queen of the Clay, the Concrete and the Grass, Queen of Nike, Khaleesi of the Great Grand Slam, Protector of the Net, Lady Regent of the Seven Serves, Breaker of Records and Mother of Olympia—did not come to play with you heaux. Advertisement But as the New York Times reported,… Read full this story
- Serena Williams shows her power and her frailty in reaching last four
- US OPEN ’19: Serena Williams vs. Sharapova highlights Day 1
- So, guys, you reckon you could take a point off Serena Williams?
- Wimbledon cancellation a boost for Andy Murray’s hopes but hurts SW19 legends Roger Federer and Serena Williams
- Coronavirus: French Open rescheduling rushed and selfish, says Pablo Cuevas
- Roger Federer and Serena Williams: Does Wimbledon cancellation have knock-on effect for legends?
- Serena Williams shares her life-threatening experience with child birth and health care
- Serena Williams reveals she had blood clots, burst C-section after pregnancy scare
- Coronavirus: Federer, Serena or Djokovic: who will be hurt most by Wimbledon cancellation?
- Rogers Cup: Serena and Osaka to meet for first time since 2018 US Open final
Touché: A Year After 'Catsuit-Gate,' Serena Williams Returns to the French Open in Winning Fashion have 326 words, post on theglowup.theroot.com at May 28, 2019. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.