Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Tuesday demanded an end to US sanctions, describing it as a necessary precondition for direct negotiations. “The Islamic Republic of Iran favors talks and negotiations and, if the US really wants to talk, before anything else it should lift all sanctions,” Rouhani said in a televised speech. Rouhani described the paralyzing economic sanctions as “economic terrorism.” He cited the punitive measures blocking food and medicine imports as particularly distressing. “If it wants talks, it must prepare the path for it,” Rouhani said. “The path to it is repent.” Read more: German government divided over joining Strait of Hormuz naval mission Watch video 01:39 Share Iran-US tensions Send Facebook Twitter google+ Whatsapp Tumblr linkedin stumble Digg reddit Newsvine Permalink https://p.dw.com/p/3NLLU Iran seizes another foreign oil tanker in Gulf Targeted sanctions The US has reimposed sanctions on Iran after withdrawing from the Iran nuclear deal, which had set limits on Iranian nuclear developments in exchange for an end to economic sanctions on Iran. In July, the US Treasury announced fresh sanctions targeting Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif. Rouhani praised the veteran diplomat during his speech on Tuesday. Rouhani said Tehran is prepared for direct talks despite US’ stance on the Iran nuclear deal. ”Whether they… Read full this story
- Sanctions against Iran lifted after compliance with nuclear deal
- Oil import from Iran: India, US hold crucial talks
- Iran’s president rejects nuclear talks before sanctions are lifted
- Iran nuclear deal reached in Vienna
- Exclusive: U.S. carried out secret cyber strike on Iran in wake of Saudi oil attack, officials say
- Exclusive: U.S. carried out secret cyber strike on Iran in wake of Saudi oil attack: officials
- U.S. carried out secret cyber strike on Iran in wake of Saudi oil attack: officials
- U.S. carried out secret cyber strike on Iran in wake of Saudi oil attack to crack down on Tehran's 'propaganda'
- Reuters Sources: US Hit Iran With Cyberstrike After Saudi Oil Attack
- US carried out secret cyber strike on Iran in wake of Saudi oil attack, officials say
Iran: US 'must lift sanctions' before we talk have 352 words, post on www.dw.com at June 8, 2019. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.