Email The Conversation By Peter Martin Updated July 01, 2019 10:03:11 Photo: Economic growth in the year ahead is expected to be weak with an increased chance of recession. (AAP: Darren England) Related Story: Car sales slump as economy hits speed bump Related Story: House price falls are bad news for car dealers. The RBA explains why Related Story: And now for the good news… the economy is awful Related Story: Jobs are the fraying rope holding Australia above recession Related Story: Economic slowdown heading to GFC levels Map: Australia During the election we were promised jobs and growth.But The Conversation’s 2019-20 forecasting panel is predicting an economic growth rate as weak as any since the financial crisis in the year ahead, as well as dismal consumer spending, no improvement in unemployment or wage growth, and an increased chance of recession.On the upside, the panel expects iron ore prices to stay higher for longer than the Budget did, it expects home prices to stabilise, and it predicts the lowest government bond rate on record, making it cheaper than ever before for the Government to borrow and spend its way out of trouble.The panel predicts a surplus in name only in… Read full this story
- The Murphy's Law forecast for Australia's economy in 2017
- How Will Economy Perform In Samvat 2079?
- Inflation’s Impact On Small Business Has Been Tough And It’s Likely To Continue Into 2023
- CloudQuant’s Alt Data Crystal Ball Sees Core CPI Continue Its Descent Back To Earth
- 'It will get better': Bankers in UK and US raise hope that inflation will plummet
- Macy’s vs. Kohl’s: Evaluating Two Of The Top Holiday Retailers
- India's July-September economic growth likely slowed to 5.8%: SBI Research
- US manufacturing activity contracts for the first time in November after May 2020
The economy is weak and heading downward have 294 words, post on www.abc.net.au at July 1, 2019. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.