HCM CITY — Việt Nam is among the top three overseas travel destinations for South Koreans in 2019, a new report says.
The country is a leading choice for South Korean travelers, ranking third after Japan and mainland China, with their number expected to increase by 30 percent this year to four million, according to Global Destination Cities Index (GDCI).
Last year the number grew by 44 per cent to more than 3.4 million, accounting for more than a fourth of all foreign arrivals (15.5 million), Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) data shows.
Famous tourist spots such as Hạ Long Bay, Hà Nôi, Đà Nẵng, and Hội An are heavily favored, particularly middle-aged tourists.
A 15-day visa waiver for South Korean tourists and a rise in the number of direct flights between the two countries have made Việt Nam increasingly a leading choice for South Korean tourists. — VNS
- Developer: The South Korean Ratings Board Is Awful
- How South Korean Plastic Surgeons Make Passport Photos Worthless
- New Agency Replaces South Korean Coast Guard After Fatal Failures
- These South Korean Divers are Some Serious Boss Ladies
- Former South Korean Sex Slaves Reject 'Comfort Women' Apology from Japan
- Bitcoin value dips in wake of South Korean exchange hack
- Qualcomm facing penalty from South Korean antitrust regulator
- South Korean startup offers 3D Touch for Android
- South Koreans use Internet Explorer: It's the law
- North Korea ships malware-infected games to South Korean users, uses them to launch DDoS attacks