“I think we all have people, about 50 people, that we use. Every piece goes into it.” Asked whether he had been in touch during the finals, Robinson said: “Not with the team at all. I’ve been in contact through texts.” Opposing coach Ricky Stuart has had his own mentors over the years, most notably Wayne Bennett’s right-hand man, the late Ron Massey. However, few identities have piqued the interest of the league world quite like Stubbs. Stubbs has enjoyed relationships with a string of high-profile figures including Michael Maguire, Wallabies coach Michael Cheika, Socceroos boss Graham Arnold and Kevin Walters. He has kept a low profile throughout, knocking back countless media requests to discuss his methods. The greatest insights have come via his book, The Science of Belief. One of the chapters focuses on how the media can be used to “influence others’ futures”. “The media can be used through ‘mental warfare’ to manipulate a message to work in a team’s favour, and against the opposition,” Stubbs wrote. “In my training and programmes with coaches, ‘mental warfare’ is used against the opposition to draw out negativity from the minds of the opposition, to create doubt, to have them focus… Read full this story
- Softball coach keeps coaching despite terminal diagnosis
- Coaching carousel slows down amid coronavirus concerns
- James Bond 25 bosses have hired an intimacy coach to help Daniel Craig and Ana De Armas with sex scenes
- Top 10 individual displays in Premier League history
- NFL Academy QB George Reynolds: The 2020 Pro Bowl, working with Deshaun Watson's coach & US college hopes
- Chennai City's Singaporean coach Nawas stuck in India, uses time to read and guide players
- Matt Rhule says Panthers 'felt we had to' release Cam Newton, calls Teddy Bridgewater a 'perfect fit'
- Italians extend lockdown across the WHOLE country after death toll leaps by 97 in one day to 463... as travel is restricted, people are told not to go out at night and nation's premier says 'there won't be a red zone... there'll just be Italy'
- NBA are reportedly ‘angling’ for cancellation, leaving Philadelphia 76ers coach Brett Brown under threat
- Lockdown Days: AIFF goes digital with Referees amid coronavirus pandemic
'Coach whisperer' again makes presence felt on league's biggest day have 352 words, post on www.smh.com.au at October 3, 2019. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.