HCM CITY —- Sofitel Saigon Plaza and Disciples of Escoffier Vietnam will present the first All-Women Cheffes Culinary Festival in Việt Nam as part of the annual fourth Saigon Gourmet Week to kick off in HCM City in mid October.
Coinciding with Vietnamese Women’s Day, three Michelin-starred cheffes and six celebrity cheffes will take over the Sofitel Saigon Plaza culinary department on October 15-20.
The event is designed to honour women and their talents in the world of gastronomy as well as raise awareness about career opportunities available to women in the culinary industry.
A private focus group will also take place for women working in Accor hotels across southern Việt Nam, led by Christine Rumble, Accor’s Chief Talent and Culture Officer for Asia Pacific.
The festival brings together Michelin-starred chefs and celebrity cheffes from around the world including France, Spain, Mexico, Japan, Cambodia, Australia and the UK.
The highlight of the culinary festival will be the Cheffes Battle & Gala Dinner held on October 19 in the hotel’s Diamond Hall.
All cheffes will lead teams of local female talents to prepare the main course for 120 guests using ingredients from a secret box, complementing the four other courses crafted by the hotel’s executive chef Stephane Leforestier.
High Tea at Boudoir Lounge is the latest addition to the festival, with a collection of sweet treats prepared by celebrity pastry-cheffe Keiko Nagae from Japan. The afternoon tea is available on October 16-18 with seatings between 3pm and 6pm.
The festival will end on Vietnamese Women’s Day on October 20 with an All-star cheffe brunch and buffet dinner at Mezz Restaurant, as well as an intimate dinner at L’Olivier Restaurant in the evening.
” The gathering of Michelin-starred cheffes and celebrity cheffes highlights our commitment as an ambassador of French art-de-vivre to offer the best French cuisine and culture in the heart of the city while honouring women,” said Olivier Revy, the hotel’s general manager.
The fourth Saigon Gourmet Week is co-hosted by Disciples of Escoffier Vietnam, a French association of more than 25,000 chefs from over 26 countries. The association sets out to develop young Vietnamese talents by teaching culinary skills, and has gathered local female talents for the Cheffes Battle on October 19. —VNS
- Intl. fishing, cultural festival held in western Iran
- Lahore Literary Festival held in New York for the third time
- Successful mini rugby festival held at Weston
- Festival held in an attempt to revive Balearic Jewish community
- Comic Con Festival held in Kyiv (PHOTOS)
- Youth convention, festival held at PNCA on Thursday
- Cheshunt park to play host for women's sport festival
- Scandal, protesting stars and bans as Cannes film festival opens
- ‘Let’s climb’: 82 women hold landmark protest at Cannes film fest venue steps to press for equality
- From its history to new rules, all you need to know about the Cannes film festival