Contemporary aesthetics, with clean lines and sharp designs, may appeal to many. But there are several who love all things vintage. Among them is Etsy India head Himanshu Wardhan. “For me, modern tech (as far as gadgets go) do not capture design aesthetics. They are sleek, the functionality is great, but there is very little uniqueness on the design front,” Wardhan said. This has also been instrumental in developing his interest in vintage tech collectibles. A recent purchase was a blue typewriter. This ticked two boxes: One, it is bluecoloured (important, as it fit in with the ‘coastal’ theme of Wardhan’s room); and two, he wanted something that could actually be used. He hopes to use the typewriter at least once a month. “I haven’t started using it yet. But when I do, I hope to write letters to my daughter. Just my reflections about my job, new places I visit, etc. I want to create this vintage expression of emotion for her when she grows up,” Wardhan said. of NextPrevPlay Slideshow
- Kathy Griffin says even her MOM thought she was a member of ISIS after she posed with model of Trump's severed head
- Nigeria’s #StopRobbingUs campaign could spur tech advocacy group, CEOs say
- A VERY modern family! Queen's cousin Lord Ivar Mountbatten shares intimate glimpses into life at the home he shares with his husband AND ex-wife - and says his three daughters 'love having another man in the house'
- ‘Modern Family’ star Ariel Winter says she goes to therapy ‘every week’ to stay ‘mentally, physically’ healthy
- The Justice Department is working with states on tech investigation, antitrust chief says
- Former Apprentice star Saira Khan shares thoughts on latest series
- 'I Dream of Jeannie' star Barbara Eden says she's never thought of herself as 'the sexy actress'
- WHO says Tanzania not sharing information on Ebola
- Infiltrating British Establishment? Huawei Buys Shares in Research Fund Linked to Oxford University
Modern tech doesn't capture aesthetics, says Himanshu Wardhan; shares thoughts on his vintage typewriter have 328 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 4, 2019. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.