Lê Thị Hồng Thu, ex-wife of a director of a real estate company in central Bình Định Province, has been accused of faking her ex-husband’s signature to commit fraud.
Thu was divorced from Lê Văn Bé, general director of Đại Tín Joint Stock Company, in April 2015. As part of the divorce, she was no longer a shareholder of the company from then on.
Thu allegedly took advantage of her position as Bé’s wife to solicit investment in the Vĩnh Liêm residential area project, of which Bé’s company was the main investor.
Thu reportedly faked Bé’s signature and used the seals of the company to make eight contracts with three investors for a total of roughly VNĐ33 billion (US$1.4 million). The three investors were to be given 33 land plots in the project area.
However, Thu did not allocate land plots or return the money to the investors.
Only when the victims reported the case to the police, did Bé find out about the incident and work with the police for further investigation. —VNS
- Police warn of phone scammers posing as FBI in Palos Park
- Jim Flynn: Beware of counterfeit cashier’s checks
- Beware of the NatWest text message scam that gives fraudsters access to YOUR cash
- Kardashian-inspired prison law frees $70M Wall Street scammer
- Beware of the horse girl
- George Michael’s ex-lover Fadi Fawaz victim of stolen identity Instagram scam
- Kate and Gerry McCann warn ex-cop Goncalo Amaral not to publish his new book in Britain
- Dr Pam Spurr reveals the do’s and don’ts of trusting a man who was unfaithful to his ex when he met you
- Conman who fleeced disgraced ex-England boss Sam Allardyce in £61,000 ‘hampers and champers’ scam faces jail
- Cruel hackers trick OAP into paying out her life savings by pretending to be from TalkTalk