On Tuesday afternoon, two suspects opened fire at police officers near a kosher grocery market at Wilkinson Avenue and Martin Luther King Dr in Jersey City, state of New Jersey, according to local police sources. As the gunmen barricaded themselves in the store, the heavy gunfire began. According to the Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office (HCPO), at least one of the policemen died, and three more people were injured in the standoff – another two officers and a civilian. Those wounded remain in stable condition. State Police assets, SWAT teams, and the FBI agents are all active at the incident. The witnesses reported non-stop heavy gunfire for at least an hour. All schools in the city have been put on lockdown, but all students are safe, the authorities assured. Bayonne’s Office of Emergency Management urged people to avoid the city’s Greenville area. In Washington, White House spokesperson Hogan Gidley said in a statement that President Donald Trump has been briefed on the situation and continues to monitor the shooting. The suspects are reportedly a man and a woman. There have been no details so far concerning their possible motives. Police sources, however, have said the incident “does not appear to be terrorism”, media… Read full this story
- Gang leader, enforcer brother sentenced in deadly shooting
- I left my heart in Jersey City: Lessons from a family funeral
- New York City Marathon organizer expands into New Jersey; creates new Jersey City road race
- 3 Plainfield residents get combined 140 years in deadly shooting
- ISIS teenagers 'shooting people for not knowing Koran'
- Bound Brook deadly shooting: Old Bridge identified as victim
- New Zealand mosque shootings victims: what we know so far
- US school shootings: Have drills gone too far?
- Dutch Prosecutors Consider Terror Motive In Deadly Tram Shooting
- Dutch tram shooting suspect to be charged with 'terrorist' murders
Deadly Shooting in Jersey City on Tuesday: What We Know So Far have 298 words, post on sputniknews.com at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.