By Jeanette Rodrigues Google searches for “Operation Twist” surged in India after the central bank announced its version of the U.S. Federal Reserve’s unconventional monetary policy. Most searches for the term came from Maharashtra, the state that’s home to the financial hub Mumbai, and could climb through the day. The benchmark 10-year yield plunged by the most in more than two months following the central bank’s announcement Thursday evening. The Reserve Bank of India will buy longer-tenor bonds while selling shorter debt. The concept is similar to Operation Twist used by the Fed in 2011-2012 in an effort to cheapen long-term borrowing and spur bank lending. Chubby Checker and OPERATION TWIST come India. Can you hear Manna De singing Aao Twist Karen and Pancham dancing t… https://t.co/diFVxitZR9— शिक्षित बेरोज़गार (@kaul_vivek) 1576765001000 The maneuver, however, dates back to the John F. Kennedy administration in the early 1960s, and got its name from Chubby Checker’s hit song, “The Twist,” according to a report from the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. Operation Twist: RBI adopts a Jerome Powell manoeuvre of 6NextPrevPlay Slideshow’Operation Twist’20 Dec, 2019The Reserve Bank of India will conduct a simultaneous sale and purchase of bonds, it said on Thursday,… Read full this story
- Toaster partners with Google search for campaign, raising awareness around vaccine hesitation
- Google Cloud sees huge surge in business despite overall loss
- Want Google Search Results without Tracking? Use Startpage
- A Spike in Google Search for 'Depression Symptoms' After Sushant Singh Rajput's Death
- Google Argues Against Following India's IT Rules For Social Networks, Says It's a 'Search Engine'
- Google claims new India IT rules not applicable to its search engine
- Google says India's new IT rules not applicable to its search engine
- Pizza Was the Most Searched Food Item Across the World in 2020, Finds Study
- Google Seeks to Break Vicious Cycle of Online Slander
- Google Pay to allow 'tokenized' payments through SBI, IndusInd cards
Google searches for 'Operation Twist' surge in India have 318 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at December 20, 2019. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.