“Frozen 2” continues to rule the local box office, but the film has led to a few local controversies. [WALT DISNEY COMPANY KOREA]The story of Elsa’s and Anna’s adventure into the unknown dominated the weekend box office for the second consecutive week, possibly setting the film up to break a record set by “Frozen,” (2014) when it reached the 10-million-ticket sales mark in just 46 days. The Disney film drew 2.6 million people to theaters over the weekend through 2,368 screenings. In total, the film has sold over 8.5 million tickets in 11 days – 16 days earlier than when the first film had reached the same mark. Meanwhile the popularity of the film has led to series of unexpected controversies: For one, due to the film’s dominance in Korean theaters, a local non-governmental organization, the Public Welfare Committee, filed a complaint to the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office saying that the Disney film had monopolized local cinemas after taking up about 88 percent of the total screens in the country. The group’s argument is that Disney tends to reap huge profits in a short time, but during that time, it limits consumers’ choices and violates the law. Another controversy… Read full this story
- Prague locals tire of tourists, 30 years after end of Communism
- 'Dabangg 3' Box Office Day 2: Salman Khan's Film Remains Steady Despite Anti-CAA Protests
- Handcuffed man who had been 'smoking meth for three days' shoots at officers using gun hidden in his butt cheeks
- Hobbs & Shaw Wins Its Second Lap at the Box Office with $25.4 Million
- Avengers: Endgame obliterates box office records
- Phillauri First Weekend (3 Days) Box Office Collection: NOT BAD!
- Royal Mint designed 60p coin to commemorate Queen's Jubilee but then AXED it
- James Cameron is Certain Avatar 2 will Beat Avengers Endgame at Box Office
- MTA Plan To Put Hundreds Of Police Officers In Subway System Sparks Funding Fight
- 'Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker' looks to cap off Disney's incredible year at the box office
[KOREAN BOX OFFICE] ‘Frozen’ remains queen of the local box office in second weekend have 328 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at December 3, 2019. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.