Scientists of the Genome Research Institute under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology are contributing to the accurate diagnosis of five rare diseases by using next-generation gene sequencing technology.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there are about 7,000 rare diseases worldwide, of which 80 percent have genetic components and 75 percent affect children (Bavisetty et al., 2013).
Scientists of the Genome Research Institute meet the doctors of the Central Pediatric Hospital
Maple syrup urine disease Seckel syndrome
|According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there are about 7,000 rare diseases worldwide, of which 80 percent have genetic components and 75 percent affect children (Bavisetty et al., 2013).|
The full genome sequencing of two patients diagnosed with Seckel syndrome discovered three new mutations on the PCNT gene.
Cornelia de Lange Glycogen disease Urea metabolic disorder
The Ministry of Health (MoH) has added chickenpox, mumps and rubella to the list of infectious diseases capable of rapid transmission and potentially fatal.
The latest case of Whitmore’s disease, also known as melioidosis, was reported at Hanoi’s Duc Giang General Hospital on Monday.
- Virginia Woman, 22, Woke Up Paralyzed by Rare Disease While Teaching in Thailand
- What is Q Fever? British Soldier Gets Rare Disease Fighting Taliban in Afghanistan
- Springfield family finds comfort in Center for Human Development staff after son diagnosed with rare disease
- Lakeland Family Hopes to Grant Christmas Wish to Daughter With Rare Disease
- Congressman-elect Max Rose guest-bartends to raise awareness for rare disease
- Believe Project: $100 for woman helping boyfriend battle rare disease
- Small But Strong: Child battling rare disease exudes true meaning of Christmas
- Ames scientists find solutions to provide rare, high-tech materials
- Big MMA dudes aid kid with rare disease
- Family of Staten Island teen with rare disease to receive a new home