The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Louisiana grew faster in the first 14 days than anywhere else in the world, data shows.The state’s number of COVID-19 cases grew 67.8% in the first two weeks after the initial diagnosis and the growth rate continues to track paths of Italy and Spain, according to data compiled by Gary Wagner, Acadiana Business Economist at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Coronavirus cases in Louisiana up to 1,172, including 34 deaths, more cases in Acadiana The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in Louisiana increased over the past 24 hours from 837 to 1,172 with 14 additional deaths, bringi… Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup. Error! There was an error processing your request. The growth rate in Louisiana is also similar to Italy and Spain in number of cases after 100 positive tests.Gov. John Bel Edwards issued a statewide stay-at-home order until April 12 in an attempt to slow the spread of the virus.“I would say that Louisiana was not on and still is not on a very good trajectory compared to other countries in the world who have been exposed to the virus longer than… Read full this story
- Almost Half of Louisiana's New Coronavirus Cases Are People Under 30
- Spain bans smoking in public nationwide and closes nightclubs and late-night bars as coronavirus cases hit 3,000 a day in worsening 'second wave'
- Texas Coronavirus Cases Double in a Day, Mayors Ask to Enforce Face Masks
- As Coronavirus Cases Spike, Here's Where Masks Are Now Required
- German infections rise; new Covid-19 cases of reactivations
- COVID-19 Antibodies May Decay Faster Than Expected, Resulting in ‘Second Infection’, Virologist Says
- How did Britain get its coronavirus response so wrong?
- US reports school-related COVID-19 outbreaks, putting world on alert
- Louisiana to enter Phase I of coronavirus reopening, but 'It’s not mission accomplished'
- The latest numbers: UK's coronavirus infections rise by 643 to 3,269 and death toll goes up 33 to 144 - including the youngest, a woman aged just 47 with high blood pressure
Louisiana's growth in coronavirus cases grew faster than anywhere else in the world: UL study have 326 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at March 23, 2020. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.