Email By Dana Morse Posted April 23, 2020 14:12:23 Photo: The EPA is launching criminal proceedings over the dumping. (Supplied: EPA South Australia) Related Story: ‘My lungs are compromised’: Adelaide resident shocked by asbestos removal during NBN rollout Related Story: NBN apologises after worker ‘smashes up’ asbestos near home without proper warning Related Story: Giant illegal waste dump found in regional South Australia Map: SA A month-long clean-up operation will be needed to remove thousands of tonnes of contaminated waste illegally dumped more than two years ago near a small township in South Australia’s Mount Lofty Ranges. Key points:The waste was allegedly dumped by a Port Adelaide demolition company in 2017Contractors will move the waste from Sedan to a licensed depot in nearby CambraiThe EPA is launching criminal charges over the dumping and is seeking costs for the clean-up The waste containing asbestos was allegedly dumped by an Adelaide demolition company at two separate sites at Sedan, about 100 kilometres north-east of Adelaide, in 2017.The South Australian Environment Protection Authority (EPA) will be running the operation, and said the demolition company had failed to comply with a clean-up order.About 200 people live in the township and Mid Murray Mayor Dave… Read full this story
- Two nuclear proposals 'confusing discussion' about potential waste dumps in South Australia
- A timeline of South Australia's nuclear dump debate
- 20,000 tonnes of recycling dumped in Victorian landfill during SKM ban
- Cape Town 'poo wars': Mass arrests in South Africa
- The Test documentary: Australia’s darkest day since Cape Town caught on camera
- Residents fight proposal to store contaminated West Gate Tunnel soil near Bacchus Marsh school
- Safety of Fukushima waste water focus of sea release debate
- The brutal world of sheep fighting: the illegal sport beloved by Algeria’s 'lost generation'
- Why Jay Weatherill is in Finland to investigate Australia's nuclear future
- Sankarabarani, Puducherry’s lifeline, faces threat
Asbestos-tainted waste illegally dumped near South Australian town to be removed have 302 words, post on www.abc.net.au at April 23, 2020. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.