The Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) first received a clinical sample of the unknown virus that later became known as SARS-CoV-2 on 30 December 2020, Wang Yanyi, an immunologist and director of the institute, told CGTN broadcaster on 23 May, denouncing the Trump administration’s claims that the novel coronavirus escaped from the Wuhan bio lab as "pure fabrication". US Has Been Opposing Int’l Biosafety Verification Mechanism for Decades The Trump administration has repeatedly urged Beijing to grant access to Wuhan virology labs to American and other foreign inspectors. However, the People’s Republic rubbished Washington’s claims about the virus’ origins and expressed doubts that the so-called “independent” investigation pushed for by the US would be unbiased and objective. Washington’s verbal attacks against China and the alleged non-transparency of its bio research have turned the spotlight on the US’ own bioweapons programme. On 13 May, Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs Sergei Lavrov raised the issue of US biological laboratories established overseas, most notably in the countries of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), and in former Soviet republics. “There is a fairly dense network of these laboratories along the perimeter of the Russian Federation and near Chinese borders”, Lavrov told journalists, revealing that… Read full this story
- Britain's biggest ever crime bust: 'The Wire'-style sting foils 200 gangland murders, seizes £54million in cash and two tonnes of drugs after police smash 'impenetrable' secret phone network used by 'Mr Bigs' across the world
- Dr Fauci says US should share remdesivir with the world after Trump administration cornered world supply in drug used to treat Covid-19
- White House Locked Down as Police Scuffle With Protesters Demanding Trump Resignation
- Ghost town: Leicester streets are deserted on first day in local lockdown as Matt Hancock says police WILL enforce curbs but residents WON'T be banned from leaving despite fears many will just meet up elsewhere
- Holiday air-bridge lift-off: France, Spain and Italy are on list of quarantine-free holiday destinations as government FINALLY publishes guidelines
- Busted: Pentagon Contractors’ Report on ‘Wuhan Lab’ Origins of Virus Is Bogus
- Former head of MI6 says theory coronavirus was made in Wuhan lab 'must not be dismissed as conspiracy'
- Coronavirus: Former MI6 boss says theory COVID-19 came from Wuhan lab must not be dismissed as conspiracy
- Police reveal haul from Britain's biggest-EVER crime bust after cracking gangsters' 'enigma code' and gaining access to shadowy Dutch firm's encrypted phones used for 'worry-free chats' about murder, guns and drugs
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Trump says he spoke to George Floyd's family
Before Demanding Access to Wuhan, US Should Lift Veil on Its Secret Bioweapon Labs, Analyst Says have 411 words, post on sputniknews.com at May 24, 2020. This is cached page on Trend . If you want remove this page, please contact us.